2 Newbie Questions

LoryWiviott

Just ditched FinalBurner as unrelieable and am overall impressed with ImgBurn. However, I'd like help with 2 annoyances:

1) I'd like to create Data DVD's, largely of MP3 files arranged in folders (EG - "Classical", "Jazz", "Rock", etc... When I select these folders from anywhere in the navigation tree the resulting burned DVD shows the entire path hierarchy...I would like 1st level to be my folders, not have it mirror the directory structure of my "C" drive as taht is cumbersome and not helpful when browsing a DVD. Is this possible?

2) My DVD Player can play mp3's from a data DVD and previous burning software preserved the entire folder / file name. ImgBurn seems to trucate the filename (not when reading DVD from PC...only when reading from DVD player) making them far less useable. Any workaround?

Thanks for any information.

LW

1. Sounds like you've enabled 'Preserve Full Paths'. Turn it off again.

2. ImgBurn truncates names according to the file system specs / restrictions. If you want to ignore them then you need change the options on the 'Advanced -> Restrictions' tab. It should be pretty obvious which one you need to change ('Folder/File Name Length').

2) Your previous burning software probably was using ISO9660 + Joliet filesystem, while ImgBurn defaults to using ISO9660 + UDF. Try a burn with ISO9660 + Joliet on a rewritable disc and see if it is what you want :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.