Layer break troubles

Windy

I have now made several attempts to burn a Wii game backup on a Dual Layer disc, but to no prevail. I'm using an Apple MacBook, having Windows XP installed on a Boot Camp partition.

My first attepts were done using Verbatim DVD-R DL discs. The first disc burnt perfectly fine, but did not work once used in the Wii. I then learnt that a manual layer break had to be inserted, but after buying a second disc it showed out that DVD-R's cannot handle manual breaks. I continued anyway, which only left me with a "Failed to write sectors 1781088 - 1781119 - Reason: Tracking Servo Failure" error halfway through the burn process.

So I ran out and got myself a fancy DVD+R DL disc, which in turn returned a "Failed to write sectors 2007872 -2007903 - Reason: Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (0x44, 0x90)" error. I have attached the rest of the log entry here:

I 13:42:50 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 13:42:50 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:42:50 Total Physical Memory: 3 109 372 KB - Available: 2 654 388 KB

I 13:42:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:42:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:42:50 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by Windy

Oh, it seems my post was cut off in...much more than half. Strange. I'll try and edit it, and see if it allows more text to be written.

EDIT: Now it's fixed, for some reasons it wouldn't let me paste any text containing quotation marks. Very strange.

Edited by Windy

Verbatim DVD+R DLs 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore blanks are known to work when many others failed. If you're in doubt, buy a small pack (3 blanks for example) and try them out :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.