Can't get layer break to work....

Jowkwondo

I've been trying to burn a full movie on a DVD+R DL but i can't get the layer break to work. I've gone through about 6 dvds changing th layer break, but i always freezes then can't go any further in the movie. I Use build mode and write the VIDEO_TS folder to the dvd then select the layer break when it comes up. should i do this differently? just wondering if anybody can help me with this...

Here is my log:

I 13:52:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 13:52:24 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:52:24 Total Physical Memory: 391,664 KB - Available: 114,836 KB

I 13:52:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:52:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:52:43 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

post-12564-1213222533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jowkwondo

So:

1. Pick the blue one (it is the original)

2. Change your media to Verbatim, +R, 2.4x, MKM-001-00, Made in Singapore

3. Decrease write speed to 2.4X (especially across USB port)

4. Turn on verify

Anyway, your log shows a successful burn.

Regards

why do i need to change my dvds to Verbatim? yeah, thats what i don't get it burns success fully, but i dont get the results when playing it. what about seamless? should i check that too?

thanks

oh yeah the blue one is what i checked the first 3 times, and it didn't work. I'll try again with verify and lower speed.

Edited by Jowkwondo

thats what i don't get it burns success fully, but i dont get the results when playing it.

That's why we recommend Verbatim and Verbatim only for DL media...it reduces the guess work.

Check 'Seamless'

Will automatically check the seamless layer break option in the 'Create Layer Break Position' dialog window. Only use this if you are sure that your player accepts seamless playback across the layer break (most modern players do).

Also if this setting is enabled, ImgBurn no longer tells the previewer to insert a 1 second pause between cells.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.