Effectively arrange/burn files by their size

Tobias

Hi!

I'd like to propose a new feature(what else^^):

You have a bunch of files, big, middle and small sized ones, for example some letters, ebooks, movie files and photos.

Now you want to burn(/backup) them on some volumes, e.g. DVD's.

My propose is that you select a volume(a maximum size, e.g. 4.7 GB) and ImgBurn automatically arranges the files on the available volume space, so that a minimum number of volumes is required. It should automatically run some kind of batch burning("please insert disc x") then.

Some kind of numbering function for the volume labels(e.g. volume label: "Data backup %n%") and some time stramp functions would be really cool, too.

There might be the question: Why not compress the files and split the archive?

I've got multiple reasons against this.

• If one DVD is scratched, the archive is damaged
  • You can't just copy the data by ctrl + C, ctrl +v from explorer
  • You can't access single files without having to uncompress them

I wrote a little application which does what I request here for ImgBurn, but it only creates ISO-Images using mkisofs which you have to put into ImgBurn manually. If ImgBurn does that inside itself, this would be REALLY cool.

I'm interested in your opinions.

greets,

burny

P.S.: ImgBurn is a GREAT app! Can't think of one single use of Nero since I heard of ImgBurn...

This isn't really something that interests me right now I'm afraid.

It's probably easier if you just adapt the little program you wrote so it feeds the list of folders / files to ImgBurn instead of mkisofs.

ImgBurn's CLI stuff is detailed in the readme.txt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.