Was working fine, but now verification errors

dtrayers

I've been using ImgBurn for years and it's always worked fine. Yesterday and today, I've made 7 costers in a row. The error happens during verify. Verfify starts out fast then gets slower and slower (1x) until it fails about 2/3rds of the way through. I'm using the same brand disc I always use: Verbatim DVD-R (8x). I've literally made hundreds of DVD's over the past six months without any issues until now. I've tried a fresh reboot and only running ImgBurn. I've tried slowing down the burn to 6x. I have a fairly current PC (Q6600 CPU, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 4GB RAM).

I do video work and sell the DVDs, so it's pretty important to me I get this resolved. The discs appear to play fine, but since I'm selling these discs I need to pass the verify.

Any and all help appreciated.

Here is the log. I clicked "Continue" a couple of times to see what would happen:

I 15:58:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 15:58:10 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:58:10 Total Physical Memory: 4,192,448 KB - Available: 2,831,288 KB

I 15:58:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:58:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:58:10 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 15:58:49 Destination Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P GL0F (G:) (ATA)

Apply the latest firmware (GL0J) and try again. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before upgrading the firmware.

Another coster, at 70% verify:

I 17:27:45 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 17:27:45 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:27:45 Total Physical Memory: 4,192,448 KB - Available: 2,972,768 KB

I 17:27:45 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:27:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:27:45 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Have you tried 8x or 4x with the new firmware? Are those Verbatim blanks made in India or elsewhere? Also try a lens cleaner disc on that burner before trying again.

Have you tried 8x or 4x with the new firmware? Are those Verbatim blanks made in India or elsewhere? Also try a lens cleaner disc on that burner before trying again.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

The Verbatim say Made in Taiwan on the cake box lid, but maybe it's a bad or counterfit batch. I just tried a Philips brand and it worked ok, and I'm finishing the burn run using Verbatim DVD+R (16x) and they work ok too.

Both Verbatim styles (+R & -R) are the good "DataLifePlus" style. This is the first time I've had issues like this.

After I finish this batch to deliver to my customer, I'll try 4x on the -R discs and see if that makes a difference.

Do you know if the verification is just checking the disc, or is it comparing the disc with the source files? Could it be a problem reading the source? I wouldn't think so....

The Verify process checks data on the disc byte-by-byte against the source image, and if there was an error reading the source files the error message would be different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.