Re: Burn Speed

azdood

Hello -

Some time ago I was having trouble with final discs stalling and freezing and sent in the log to get your input. Cynthia pointed out that my DVD/CD drive was rather old and that's what was causing the problem. She also said that since I was using Verbadim blank discs, burning them at 4X was too slow and that might be causing a problem also. I tried to get a copy of that old post but it has since been deleted.

My question is: I'm confused about the 4X speed being a potential problem. A long time ago I was having trouble getting good quality copies and someone suggested that I slow down the burn speed for a better copy. So I'm confused. Does slowing down the burn speed effect the quality in a bad way or good way? I'd appreciate your help with this and my apologies if I misunderstood what Cynthia meant in the first place.

Thanks.

David

Here is your old thread ~ http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...ost&p=69438

....and the pertinent part of the log

I 13:31:13 Destination Device: [1:0:0] TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E D.0N (E:) (ATA)

I 13:31:13 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 2x, 4x)

Basically the drive is rated for 2X and 4X for these discs, but the discs are actually rated at 16X. Basically an old drive + new media = errors/problems. You can burn the Verbatim discs at a lower than rated speed, but sometimes burning too slow can be just as bad if not worse than burning too fast. My advice stays the same as in the other thread as to obtaining a new drive. I'm sure the others will agree.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.