stall at 50% while writing to double layer

lurker500

I just bought some Memorex DVD+R DL to burn a backup of super smash bros brawl (wii) using my laptop. I tried to do this earlier with the only verbatim i had, but i didn't know anything about layer break (it burned successfully, but did not work with the wii console and i did some searching and found out its because of a layer break issue).

I took the image off of the verbatim because i had deleted the original, and now im trying to burn again and im having an issue.

I 17:44:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:44:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:44:56 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,740 KB - Available: 3,211,520 KB

I 17:44:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:44:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:44:56 Found 1 DVD

Edited by lurker500

I 17:45:30 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K17B 1.02 (F:) (ATA)

I 17:45:30 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

It seems your drive is having problems burning that media, but it didn't tell this to ImgBurn, or else you'd see the error message reported by the drive. Even though the burn speed was set to MAX, the only available speed is 2.4x, which could indicate that the burner doesn't properly support this media.

Try and get Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore blanks and it should work. Also check with the laptop manufacturer if there's a newer firmware available for that burner.

*update*

I bought some verbatim, but i decided to use up the rest of the memorex that i bought (why let them go to waste, right?). I tried burning at 2.4x speed (which was what was recommended by info provided by imgburn when i inserted the DVD+R DL) and it worked.

It was my third attempt and i decided to try again because i read on some other website that someone was complaining how half of the DVD+R DL they bought in a pack didn't work correctly and stopped halfway through like mine. That prompted me to try the rest. Also, read on some other super smash bros brawl forum that some guy got the burn to work on his second try just by adjusting the write speed.

Just posting this in hopes of helping anyone else with similar issues. Try different speeds and try other DVD+R DL from the same pack. Or be safe and go with the verbatim singapore (not the india).

Edited by lurker500

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.