Burner "suddenly" burns DVDs at 1.1X

Jangle

My Lite-On burner has suddenly started burning DVDs at 1.1X, though I have chosed 6X. It used to burn them at 6X. I use TYG02 only.

These TYG02 work at 6X in another machine so I am not thinking it's a media problem. The log below is another attempt, though I pushed the "TEST MODE" button, because I didn't want to burn any more real dvds.

Is this the end of life for a great burner?

I 16:00:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:00:21 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:00:21 Total Physical Memory: 1,044,584 KB - Available: 505,484 KB

I 16:00:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:00:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:00:21 Found 1 DVD

DO as it says in FAQ about DMA Issues.

Put the buffer back to default as well for your memory. Actually put the rest of ImgBurn back to default setings whilst your at it.

Lesson learned: Since I knew positively the unit had been in DMA mode before, I didn't look there. You were right. The unit had been changed to PIO mode somehow. Removing the controller and adding it back again (after reboot) fixed the DMA problem.

Not sure why you think my settings are so strange though.

Jangle, Don't think Donta meant to sound like your setting are strange......... Imgburn is set up with default values because those are the settings that usually will give you the best overall performance. Changing those defaults, unless you have a specific need to do so, can effect the performance of imgburn. Donta was just trying to make you aware of this. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.