I/O Error when burning Dual Layer Discs

Endymian

Hello everyone :)

Like so many others I am trying to backup a 360 game and the burn process consistently fails (mine at about 6%)

I have heard a lot of people complaining about the media I am using (Memorex) but the fact of the matter is that my burner is fully capable of producing good burns using this media, it has consistently treated me very well, and the person who turned me onto imgburn for doing this uses memorex media exclusively and his burns all work fine.Understanding that many here like to white-knight the Verbatim discs, which are excellent. This reeeeally looks like a software issue

Also evidenced by the fact that I tried to burn this same image twice using Nero, both burns succeeded but would not work because I didnt know about the layer break setting found in the accompanying .dvd file. Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible to specify it using Nero--otherwise I'd be set. So, I know that my current rig is capable of succeeding a dual layer burn, something about imgburn is not playing nice.

If it matters, I guess it should be noted that my dvd burner is connected to my pc via an external USB housing, I would be more concerned if I didn't get two "successful" burns using Nero beforehand. But Imgburn simply will not get beyond the first half inch from the center of the DVD before freaking out.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Or should I try another program? I will post my log if it helps.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help :)

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Friday, 01 August 2008, 18:51:27

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 18:46:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:46:55 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 18:46:55 Total Physical Memory: 777,712 KB - Available: 546,540 KB

I 18:46:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:46:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:46:55 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by Endymian

Regardless of what you think or if you cannot listen then your on your own.

Memorex is a brand name, they do not really make those disc's, that job is given to the cheapest in this case shithole company going at that particular given time.

Dye is important and cheap dye is inconsistent that is why cheaper dual layers are inconsistent aka inferior quality and are so hit n miss with different hardware there is VERY little quality control with these any many other dual layer manufacturers.

That is why Verbatim are recommended because their dye and quality control is about the highest your going to see on Dual Layer. This results in a higher percentage of successful burns and happy users.

Even Verbatim can have hit n miss and IMO the Made In India MKM-001-00 are not in the same league as the Made In Singapore and even now the Latest Made In Singapore I had recently were not as good as they should have been but still far superior to CMC MAG, Ritek your using, the Ricoh -67 etc

I/O Error when burning Dual Layer Discs, No errors with other programs. Why won't imgburn work?

Crap: You already said your Nero burnt games did not work, so thats kinda the biggest error of all.

I have heard a lot of people complaining about the media I am using (Memorex) but the fact of the matter is that my burner is fully capable of producing good burns using this media, it has consistently treated me very well

So if that is true wtf are you doing here if its all been working.

Stop being a cheapskate and get some Verbatim MKM-001-00 Made In Singapore ones and if those error out get a new dvd writer and place internally or by a new usb2 external that uses PL-2507

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.