Errors on verify

MasterSol

I tried burning an ISO to a disk, Memorex specifically (which from what I hear could explain the problem). When it tries to verify I get a whole load of errors. Here's the log. Is it simply because the disk sucks or is it something else?

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 02 August 2008, 20:57:44

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 20:21:04 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:21:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:21:04 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,648 KB - Available: 252,564 KB

I 20:21:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:21:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:21:04 Found 1 DVD

I 20:39:36 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N A103 (D:) (ATA)

If that's a Dell laptop then there's newer firmware available (A104) for it. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before applying the new firmware.

If you have a DVD-RW or DVD+RW disc try burning on it and it should work :thumbup:

I 20:39:36 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N A103 (D:) (ATA)

If that's a Dell laptop then there's newer firmware available (A104) for it. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before applying the new firmware.

If you have a DVD-RW or DVD+RW disc try burning on it and it should work :thumbup:

Oh thanks, I was wondering if there was an update to it but never found it in Dell support. I did answer my own question though. Turns out the disks just suck. It worked perfectly on the third disk. It was either that or the fact that I forced the write speed to 10x instead of auto.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.