DVD-RW burn won't play on my DVD player/recorder

mrsgreen663

Hi all, and thankyou in advance for any help/support/suggestions :thumbup:

I have been using imgburn ever since it came about and have never had a problem with it, although I have only ever used it for writing to DVD-R discs. Well, I bought a DVD recorder/player last week ( a Panasonic DMR-ES15) so am trying to use DVD-RW discs so I can burn a movie to watch... then wipe it and reuse the disc for something else.

Anyway.... I have burnt the movie as per usual, just as I would with a regular disc... but when I put it into the DVD player it asks me to format the disc. So, it erases what's on it and formats it. So, I have burnt again, it once again tells me to format it. After formatting and putting it back into the laptop, ImgBurn will actually show the 'status' as 'Incomplete'. Then I have to erase the disc to burn on it again. I have read that it automatically finalises the discs when burning them, so obviously that shouldn't be the problem. I have no doubt it's not the software but something I'm merely missing or doing incorrectly?!?

So, what steps do I have to take, to be able to write my downloaded movies (after I use ImgBurn to 'build' them), and get them to play on my DVD recorder/player. The recorder itself is playing movies I have burnt onto DVD-R just fine, just not my DVD-RW that I am taking exactly the same steps to burn :unsure: Once again... thankyou for anyones help! And I apologise if I have left some obvious needed info out, I am not very knowledgeable at this type of thing at all.

Thankyou for your reply spinningwheel, I just wasn't sure if it were something I was doing during the burning process, or solely an issue with the DVD recorder/player. I am assuming from your post that I should just be able to record the same as I would on a DVD-R.

There was nothing useful on that site, but I will attempt to bug the support section there. Although I can already assume they will palm me off because I am trying to play something not recorded on the recorder itself. :rolleyes:

I don't believe the problem is in what you are doing. Using ImgBurn is very straight forward and since you have used it before I believe the problem to be with the player itself, since the formatting/erasing of the disc has been done over and over. :thumbup:

It's nothing your doing wrong, and It's not Imgburn either.

ive just checked out an audio/video forum about this machine, and its a known problem with the panny recorder.

some of the feedback about it

It will not play ANY DVD-RW or DVD+RW disk that has been created on a PC

and another

The DMR-ES15 is actually fantastic if you do not play DVD-RW/+RW disks recorded externally

and another

The recorder will only allow RW disks that have been formatted on the recorder so you cannot play externally recorded files

and another

Has anyone ever managed to record a PC DVD (Video_ts) on to a DVD+RW or DVD-RW disk and got the DMR-ES15 to recognise & play the disk as I never have. It plays the same contents put on a DVD-R dis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.