Overwhelmed by the forum search results! Basic, FAQ-like questions.

S9am

Hi everyguys,

First, this is just a cry from the wilderness.... As I'm sure you've all experienced for yourselves at some point or another, forums can be nightmarish for the uninitiated. I feel as though I just woke up in a foreign country. Anytime I peek at the search results in the ImgBurn forum, or places like Hydrogen Audio, I can make out about 25% of what people are talking about. I can't tell what half the settings on ImgBurn are, let alone what you might want them for! Can someone just talk me down a little bit. I don't know what it is with multimedia discussions. I'm competent with IT, believe me. How exactly did I miss the boat? It's ... oh nevermind. Could someone please lead me to where on the net I can start to get a handle on the technicalities?

Ok, having said my peace on that front.... As a separate, specific matter for ImgBurn, here's my dumb question. (Can I get an idiot-proof answer?) I just INADVERTENTLY ordered one of those old, discontinued 'two session discs,' from circa 2003.

>_<

It's a set that's hard to find, so I'm not going to get irate and send it back. If it helps to know more, here's the product information (scroll down a bit):

http://www.chapitre.com/CHAPITRE/fr/MUSIC/...nse,264644.aspx

Using ImgBurn, must I read/build an ISO image of the entire thing? Are there settings for ImgBurn that will let me read/build an image of just 'session 1'? Around the web, I'm finding posts on this from 2002 through 2008, and even the latests posts are in real disagreement with each other.

Also, it might help me to work out a solution if I could ID the 'extras' on this disc. Every site I've come across that talks about IDing these discs refers only to ID programs that distinguish what's on game software. What about for music? Any out there?

Thanks in advance for all of the patient advice, and have a great week in the real world.

- S9am

Edited by S9am

If you want to copy the discs as they are (i.e. not changing anything) then follow this guide. But if you want to extract the tracks from the CDs you'll have to use Exact Audio Copy, Audiograbber or one of the many other programs specific for extracting CD audio :)

If you want to copy the discs as they are (i.e. not changing anything) then follow this guide. But if you want to extract the tracks from the CDs you'll have to use Exact Audio Copy, Audiograbber or one of the many other programs specific for extracting CD audio :)

Uhhhhhh ... nice avatar!

Well, recovering composure now ... :whistling:

Thanks for this clarification, mmalves. Most basic question in the world. Actually, can I suggest it should be somewhere in the ImgBurn FAQ, because it's not actually explicitly stated anywhere that you can RIP only unmodified ISO images. And don't get me wrong, I'll keep using ImgBurn -- great as an ISO BURNER. But I've been looking for this particular answer for a long time. Finally gave up and axed!

Yep, the read/rip option couldn't be simpler with ImgBurn. :thumbup:

Cheers!

S9am

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.