I/O Error

Rewrite

Every single time I try to write stuff to my dvd, (fully functional, new, as goes for writer.)

(Please keep in mind, I retried over 200 times, moved files, and redownloaded the program several times.)

It reads this:

I/0 Error!

Device: [1:1:0]TSSTcorpCDDVD SH-S203N SB01 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 01 40 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors 320-351

Sense Area: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 72 01 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

And in the IMGBurn Log it continually reads this:

17:45:22:Retry Failed - Reason: Logical Block Address Out Of Range

Here is the exact Log info:

I 17:36:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:36:30 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:36:30 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,140 KB - Available: 521,468 KB

I 17:36:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:36:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:36:31 Found 1 DVD

the SB01 firmware you already have IS the latest available from samsung

the suggestion about slowing down the write speed will help, but the main one is the dye on the discs your using.

CMC dye is about as poor a quality as your going to find. proof of this is that the writer managed to start burning to them

W 17:45:22 Failed to Write Sectors 320 - 351 - Reason: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

but only just.

do they always fail at the same point in the log ? ie, on writing the lead-in or do you ever get further.

There are several mentions of this writer within the forum, mainly to do with the SATA controller if i remember right

Sometimes it get's to 8%, sometimes 9%, sometimes 16% I really can't tell. Though usually on the song, Don't you forget about me(lol)......Though there is nothing wrong with that file, and its the right file type (Mp3). The files I want to write to the disk include the following:

MPEG

JPEG

GIFF

MP3

MP4

DOC

And I always select write Folders/Files to dvd

Oh on on the idea of getting better media, I bought my dvd drive just 2 days ago and we took it to a professional mechanic to have installed, so that's not the case.....And the dvd's were bought this week, but I'm not sure about the dye thing, can you explain further how to solve this.

Edited by Rewrite

The dye used to manufacture your blanks is made by CMC media, which is known to make poor quality dyes. If you read a few threads from the Support forum you'll see a lot of people having problem with CMC discs.

Try burning at 8x or 12x (selectable in the Device tab of Build mode) and it might work, but do notice those discs are unreliable.

I/O errors are simply a matter of the drive/firmware/media not playing nicely together. Your choice of media is poor, change it as advised by mmalves, check your firmware version and make sure you have the newest available and maybe you need to use a drive cleaner to clear off your laser and try a different burning speed....that's all there is to an I/O problem.....this part is not rocket science :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.