I/O ERROR PLEASE HELP

iceandchedda

Hi all,

my problen is, hen im burning an xbox 360 iso on image burn it starts fine and then about half way through it has I/O ERROR MESSAGE that pops up and fails the burn. ive burn't many games before and they worked all of a sudden its having an I/O ERROR. Im using a sony drive DRU840A DL burner and burning on sony duel layer disc.

I ALSO HAD RECENTLY SYSTEM RESTORE MY PC , COULD THAT BE IT ALSO

PLESE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

/****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 06 August 2008, 20:08:28

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:15:07 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:15:07 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:15:07 Total Physical Memory: 981,480 KB - Available: 597,720 KB

W 19:15:07 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 19:15:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:15:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:15:09 Found 1 DVD

I/O errors are simply a matter of the drive/firmware/media not playing nicely together. Your choice of media is poor, change it as advised by mmalves, check your firmware version and make sure you have the newest available and maybe you need to use a drive cleaner to clear off your laser....that's all there is to an I/O problem..... :thumbup:

I/O errors are simply a matter of the drive/firmware/media not playing nicely together. Your choice of media is poor, change it as advised by mmalves, check your firmware version and make sure you have the newest available and maybe you need to use a drive cleaner to clear off your laser....that's all there is to an I/O problem..... :thumbup:

could it be a layer break becuase ive burnt on sony dl disc on my sony drive and it works fine but i notice everytime its 50% done and about to burn another layer it fails always at 50% ive burnt like 7 diffrent games and it does the sam thing. :unsure:

short answer , NO . its the discs your using

reason why

I 19:47:49 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759) first layer written sucsessfully

I 20:07:32 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1913760 - 3825923) NOTE what sector layer 1 starts at 1913760[

W 20:07:53 Failed to Write Sectors 1914368 - 1914399 - Reason: Write Error NOTE the sector it failed at 1914368

so it managed to write from sector 1913760 on layer 1 upto sector 1914368 on layer 1

( although its dual layer, its refered to as layer 0 and layer 1) , you managed to complete layer 0 ( the 1st layer) and wrote 600 odd sectors on layer 1 ( 2nd layer)

this shows that it was the writer having trouble writing the 2nd layer, which means the writer struggled with the actual quality of disc

forget the sony discs your using,your drive does not like them ( or at least the dye there made of) and get some verbatim 2.4x +R made in Singapore with the ID of MKM-001 , as recommended earlier, then your problems should go away

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.