Help me please "I/O Error!" (ImgBurn 2.4.2.0)

Robertsong

error.JPG

I want to burn a file ".iso". It's dvd form.

I remember it's no problem to burn in DVD-R with speed 1x before I update my device's firmware.

Before I update, device's firmware is "1.21". Now is "1.24" as the image.

The problem is my file, or my disk, or device's firmware, or too new software :wacko:"(sweat) ??

Power calibration errors usually are caused by poor quality media. When you have a blank disc in your burner, look at the Information pane on the right-hand side of ImgBurn's window: there will be a list of all the Supported Write Speeds informed by your burner. Even though you've selected 1x, only those speeds are accepted by your burner, and most likely you were burning at the lowest speed available.

Usually burners (especially newer ones) perform better at 8x or 12x burning speed, so you might want to try that :)

Power calibration errors usually are caused by poor quality media. When you have a blank disc in your burner, look at the Information pane on the right-hand side of ImgBurn's window: there will be a list of all the Supported Write Speeds informed by your burner. Even though you've selected 1x, only those speeds are accepted by your burner, and most likely you were burning at the lowest speed available.

Usually burners (especially newer ones) perform better at 8x or 12x burning speed, so you might want to try that :)

Oh~ no...

Even I choose "4x" that the Information pane show, it also doesn't work.

The Information pane show 4x 6x 8x 12x 16x, but it just work when I choose MAX. Orz

I shouldn't update it. ><

Only can do is send to the company to test and repair. T.T

It's unlikely that the firmware update "broke" your drive, since newer firmware ensures the drive uses proper write strategy for the various media it supports.

If you're not using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks, then perhaps you have a bad batch of blanks? Also notice that the slowest burning speed is not always the one that gives the best burn quality, since newer burners are optimized for speed :)

It's unlikely that the firmware update "broke" your drive, since newer firmware ensures the drive uses proper write strategy for the various media it supports.

If you're not using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks, then perhaps you have a bad batch of blanks? Also notice that the slowest burning speed is not always the one that gives the best burn quality, since newer burners are optimized for speed :)

Um...

The official web list "change history" only say that :

1.24 CD-R Writability has improved.

1.22 DVD-R Writability has improved.

I hesitate whether I send it back or not. :wacko:

I called to the company. They were amazing for the problem. @@ They just said need to more test, and recommend send it back. :wacko:

If you, would you send it back or not @@?

Thank for your help. :)

Edited by Robertsong

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.