W 18:23:08 Failed to Write Sectors 1673728 - 1673759 - Reason: No Seek Complete

pootas

Using ImgBurn 2.4.2.0

Vista Ultimate SP1

Optiarc Ad-5170A running Liggys 1.14

Using Verbatim Dual Layer Media

Now using this drive I can burn Single Layer DVD and Audio CD's no issues at all....And I would 70% of time Dual Layers work Ok....The rest of the time my burns fail with the same error....

Please could someone have a look at the log and give me some advice and it's driving me insane and I have tried in vain to find a solution....

Many Thanks...

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Thursday, 07 August 2008, 20:30:49

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 20:28:48 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:28:48 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:28:48 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,824 KB - Available: 3,144,088 KB

I 20:28:48 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:28:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:28:48 Found 1 DVD

ImgBurn.log

have you tried writing at 4 or 6x ?

I would love to but just used my last disk lol.....Do you think it would make a diff....I think I may have tried it before and still couldnt get disk to burn....Just seems weird it doesn't happen all the time

there are often problems with these discs and various drives, some like them some dont, the best ones to use are MKM 001 made in singapore and not the ones made in india

Yeh these were the ones from Singapore...I still have the cakebox....Would you say a Pioneer 111D is a better burner that a Optiarc 5170A as I have a 111D I could put into the machine...

for MKM-001 use svp.co.uk, a mail order who are VERY reliable. Most of the Beta team in Europe use them .

although out of stock , theres an option for them to notify you when they are in. MKM-001 verbs HERE

LOOK CAREFULLY at the details of each kind of verbatim in the dual layer section as they are now selling ones made in India as well, and these havent been as good so far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.