Questions and Errors

bhall

I have a movie on my computer in .avi format.

I open image burn and choose create image file from file/folder.

I run the program. It creates the iso.

Then I go to write image and file to disc, i select it to burn the .iso.

the process goes...says its complete.

I pop the DVD+R into my DVD player and i get error: Disc Error, play back feature may not be available on this disc.

I pop into another computer and it plays audio but no video.

I go to my computer, right click on d drive, go to explore and says the file inside there is a .avi (not sure how thats supposed to work)

Also, when I put in a real dvd into my computer it opens in a dvd player program. the ones i tried to burn opened in windows media player.

I had imgburn a long time ago and had burnt several disc with it and they all worked fine and opened in the dvd player. it also took what felt like hours to run them through the program...where as the one i downloaded last night does it in just a few minutes but doesn't seem to work.

am I doing something wrong?

ImgBurn burns but does not convert avi to dvd, you need to use something that converts AVI (which is not what standard dvd players play) standard dvd players play something called MPEG which uses a high bitrate so you end up with a good picture. So you need a special dvd player to playback Avi/Divx your PC will also play them.

AVI / DIVX / XVID/ MP4 uses high compression and other fancy ideas so you end up with lots of illegal material with small file sizes easily available to download but people need to realise that because of this you need a special dvd player that plays this content and even then because of the nature of the illegal material you may end up with the wrong film or a film that has only a beginning or maybe no sound or fuzzy colourful shaky pictures from someone that thought capturing the latest blockbuster movie onto a vhs-c and then encoding it to dvd or avi was a good idea and a better idea than the filmmaker who can master the movie correctly onto dvd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.