Imgburn of ISO file successful, but 2 drives don't recognize it

dkenney01

Hi,

I've tried everything suggested in the faq section of this forum; I have 3 different iso files I want to burn to disk. I'm using Windows xp. The file type under "properties" states that it's an image file. The file name also has .iso at the end of it. This is the first time I've used IMGburn.

I've tried it on 4 different pcs with different burners and I get the same result. The burn is always successful, it verifies successfully. I've tried differents cds (verbatim, sony, memorex, cd-r, cd-rw) I've also tried different speeds. I probably tried it a dozen different times.

Once I receive the "successful" message, I try to put it back in the drive and either "windows cannot read the disc" or it treats is like a blank disk, depending on the drive I put it in.

Is there a way to tell if there is anything wrong with the iso file? I don't think that's it because it's happening with different iso files.

Thanks for you help.

When you load the ISO image in Write mode, ImgBurn will show information about that image in the Source section.

Make sure you have Test Mode unticked, as Test Mode doesn't burn anything to disc. Please post a log from one of those burns (you can find it at Help -> ImgBurn Logs).

I attempted to burn it again. Here's the log. I'm sure I've done something wrong. Thanks

I 13:30:11 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 13:30:11 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:30:11 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,612 KB - Available: 425,252 KB

I 13:30:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:30:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:30:11 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

I 13:31:53 Source File File System(s): None

The problem is your source image: it doesn't have a filesystem, thus Windows can't read it. It does look like to be an Audio CD disc image that was incorrectly made and/or renamed. Have you made it yourself? If so, how did you do it?

I didn't make it. Someone gave it to me. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

I 13:31:53 Source File File System(s): None

The problem is your source image: it doesn't have a filesystem, thus Windows can't read it. It does look like to be an Audio CD disc image that was incorrectly made and/or renamed. Have you made it yourself? If so, how did you do it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.