Little question with ImgBurn Write... Any dvd i burned cant up to 16 X Speed.

RevanKnight

Hi, My Drive are GSA-4165B LG, and my firmware is the last, and my dna are activated, But with any dvd i put an burn (DVD+R , DVD-R ... HP... maxell... Princo ... TDK all 16x maximum speed.... But i only up to 12 X speed ... and i turn to burn on 16 X or Max.... My drive can Write Up to 16X speed +r/-r, And i can up to speed, the write process up to 12x and no up more of then... please help.. i want to write maxium speed.

Hi and welcome to the forum, RevanKnight! :)

A log from one of those burns could perhaps give some clues.

Can you post one of those?

You'll find them here:

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

One Log ... DVD+R Disc (HP .. UP TO 16X) ... Avi Files. (I have same results with any media type) . I turn max speed to burn... (other data:If i put max speed to burn... maximum speed obtain: 12x ... when i put 16x ... i only end with 8x ...

I 23:09:26 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:09:26 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:09:26 Total Physical Memory: 523,760 KB - Available: 50,328 KB

I 23:09:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:09:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:09:26 Found 1 DVD

Edited by RevanKnight

W 23:16:28 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 2161120)

W 23:17:10 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

Seems your hard disk is slowing the process down. Do you use the computer while you burn?

You might want to have the Verify option enabled, to see how well the burn actually was.

You might want to have the Verify option enabled, to see how well the burn actually was.

But what option have you talking about?

No... I dont use my PC when i burn.

Edited by RevanKnight

Seems your hard disk is slowing the process down. Do you use the computer while you burn?

Many times i try with Vertabim Media, same results.

Additionally... i test whit Incremental.. Tao .. And DAO... all up to 12 x.

I 23:10:25 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: ProdiscF02) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 16x)

I 23:10:25 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888

I 23:10:25 Write Mode: DVD

I 23:10:25 Write Type: DAO

I 23:10:25 Write Speed: MAX

... This show my media have support tu 16x... and my config write speed are MAX.

Edited by RevanKnight

:If i put max speed to burn... maximum speed obtain: 12x ... when i put 16x ... i only end with 8x

You can select what ever speed you want, but your drive will limit the speed to what will burn your disc for the best quality as mmalves stated. The drive also doesn't start burning at the maximum speed, it has to build it's way up to the speed you select and then depending on the limitations of your system/drive/firmware/media will continue to the speed you selected.

I 23:09:26 Total Physical Memory: 523,760 KB - Available: 50,328 KB

not much memory available !! what else do you have running in the background at the same time ?

Nothing... I constantly give mantaince to My Pc, and i have only 25 enought running process....

just because your discs are seen as 16x by your drive it does not mean your PC specs is capable to actually write at 16x

do you have anti virus running in the background ? something is hogging your free memory

when the following happened, it took 40 seconds for the hdd to recover, so "something" is slowing the burn down

Check your hard drive for errors make sure you hard drive is using dma and has write caching enabled then defrag your hard drive. Stop anything from accessing the hard drive at time of burning, like an anti virus scan spyware scanning, downloading from newsgroups/bittorrent/irc/etc.

Some of the Lg drives I have never get to max speed on lots of media cos they are crap and the drive is crap.

just because your discs are seen as 16x by your drive it does not mean your PC specs is capable to actually write at 16x

do you have anti virus running in the background ? something is hogging your free memory

when the following happened, it took 40 seconds for the hdd to recover, so "something" is slowing the burn down

I dont use antivirus... but my system send all process activity to the RAM, maybe for this i have 50 mb of free memory ... but my pc ... run fast with 50 mb or 400 mb free ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.