Burned VIDEO_TS with imgburn, DVD doesn't play

Wotching

I burned a DVD with imgburn onto a DVD+R, including the AUDIO_TS folder, and put the disc in my DVD player hooked up to my TV. The player said "check for scratches on disc" and wouldn't play it. Fair enough; I know that many DVD players don't accept DVD+R's. So I put it into my PS2, which DOES accept +R's, but it said "TV system doesn't match". That was odd.

I tried playing it in my computer with media player classic. It worked fine for the menu screen, with video and sound and everything, but when I started playing the actual video, the video played without sound.

So then I went to my OTHER DVD player hooked up to my other television. It played the SOUND on the DVD, but not the video! Even when I pressed play to get out of the menu and start the movie, it had perfect sound with no video.

IMGBURN log:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 16 August 2008, 13:11:17

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:31:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:31:10 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:31:10 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,852 KB - Available: 672,572 KB

I 12:31:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:31:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:31:10 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Is there a problem with the VIDEO_TS folder I torrented

More than likely. Go buy the DVD, which will be properly authored and don't tell us about illegal movie downloads please. :pirate::pirate:

I 12:56:36 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

This media is very low quality. Trash even.

I 12:56:36 Source Device: [3:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A 1.70 (E:) (ATA)

Your burner is getting very long in the tooth.

Regards

I 12:56:36 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD+R) (Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

This media is very low quality. Trash even.

I 12:56:36 Source Device: [3:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A 1.70 (E:) (ATA)

Your burner is getting very long in the tooth.

Regards[/color]

Typical Memorex DVD+R is trash? I'm not looking for anything fancy, bud. I just want to burn the disc and have a good time with some friends.

And, yes, I have a burner that's several years old. Do you recommend I burn it on my brand new Thinkpad? Will that help?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.