Another I/O error for you guys...please help! argh

JeffDaniels

Soooo, I had a pioneer 111d in my old pc, worked lovely, imgburn ran smooth as smooth can be. Then I got a new computer, with only sata hookups (the dell xps420) and all hell broke loose.

I have tried a few different connections, first i had a sata controller card i was hooked up to, which started the burn and then failed a few minutes in. So i decided to get an ide to usb connector. Soooo I hooked it all up, and it recognizes the drive just fine...

But when i go to burn with imgburn it tries to set the l0 data zone capacity for 1 min and 30 seconds, with no results, and then i get the "failed to set l0 data zone capacity reason: no additional sense information" error. I tried searching through here but couldn't understand what might be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated? This is driving me nuts, and I am using Verbatim discs. Here is my log...thanks in advance for any feedback

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Friday, 22 August 2008, 17:53:35

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:47:05 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:47:05 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 17:47:05 Total Physical Memory: 3,142,988 KB - Available: 2,214,472 KB

I 17:47:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:47:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:47:05 Found 2 DVD

Try different usb port then get a different usb external/converter, set pio to master and check short/ide cable.

Thank u for the quick reply...so i did try a different usb port before i posted, but not to sound ignorant but how do i set pio to master? Do i need to go into the bios?

on the back of drive there is a little jumper it might already be on master but if not move it to there.

might also be a newer firmware for your drive

oh ok, always heard of it as just a jumper not a pio...and yea i had that set to master.

Looks like i'm just screwed again. Alright, thanks again for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.