help .6kb/s write rate!

nick2gb

please help me i have a brand new lg dvd/cd burner and im trying to burn my game iso on to the disc but it burns at a rate of .6kb/s and thats stupidly slow. someone help me

ps i have read the drive device manager things and done it except i dont know if its already on in my bios

iv tried that and my device manager says all the channells are dma and running a dma user thing, what should i be looking for in my soyo bios to enable i didnt get the instructions and how can i be sure its the dma thats making my transfer .6 kb/s?

can someone help me im reading to destroy the fuking computer i have used imgburn and norostartsmart burner that came with my dvdD

Nick;

Do what mmalves said and delete the damned controllers and do what the FAQ says. Windo$e does not report the DMA status correctly. Yours is in PIO and needs to be completely reinstalled.

Please do not ask for help and then ignore what you were told. <_<

alright clearly no one understands me but thanks for trying iv already done what the faq says i have unistalled thew controller blah blah i was asking what do i look for to change in my bios because i didnt understand the faq. here is a picture of my current situation any help would be great

It seems the drive can't burn the media you're using, yet it's not erroring out like it usually would, which is a whole different issue than DMA problems (it would burn at a steady slow speed not completely stopped like yours seems). Can you post the log from that burn? If you've closed ImgBurn after that it'll be in Help menu -> ImgBurn Logs.

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 30 August 2008, 22:26:56

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:59:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:59:24 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:59:24 Total Physical Memory: 1,179,116 KB - Available: 781,212 KB

I 21:59:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:59:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:59:24 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

I 22:01:36 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 22:01:36 Write Speed: MAX

Those are low quality blanks, so try burning them at 8x or 12x and you might get them to burn. Also leave the Verify enabled, to make sure they burnt properly.

We recommend using blanks made by Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, as both have a high success rate on most burners (have a look in our Drives & Media section if you're in doubt) :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.