I/O errors all the time

sotos123

I have HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA 4082 driver. Yesterday i bought 10 philips dl dvd+r discs in order to wright some iso files. The first time i tried to write an iso i had

an I/O error.Then i tried again and i burnt it succesfully.Then i wanted to burn another iso.I had an I/O error again.After that i tried again and i didn't have a problem.After all this i havent managed to burn succesfully an iso and i have destroyed all my discs because i had erros.

Here is log file

I 10:19:35 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 10:19:35 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 10:19:35 Total Physical Memory: 1.038.380 KB - Available: 483.664 KB

I 10:19:35 Initialising ASPI...

I 10:19:35 WNASPI32.DLL - Nero WnAspi32 - Win32 Nero Aspi Library - Version 2.0.1.74

I 10:19:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:19:35 Found 1 DVD

Edited by sotos123

I 10:40:22 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Giorgos\Επιφάνεια εργασίας\The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion PAL.dvd

I 10:40:22 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1.913.760

When burning from the .dvd file you don't need to manually set the layerbreak (the .dvd file tells ImgBurn where to place it), so please put it back to the default Calculate Optimal setting :)

Also leave the interface setting in SPTI, as the problem you're having isn't related to this.

Dialysis1 is right, and I'd like to add this: when buying the Verbatim DVD+R DL blanks, get the 2.4x rated ones; the ones Made in Singapore (look in the box/packaging/spindle) are the best you can get. Don't get the 8x rated ones as they're incompatible with your burner.

Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) Made in Singapore blanks gave the best burns in our tests, and from experience we know that they work when other dual-layer media failed, so the only way to really know is by trying :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.