Device IO Control (FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) not supported!

cashirey

Hi,

This is the first time I have used the updated ImgBurn with my new Pioneer Burner. I received the error DeviceIOControl (FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Not Supported! with the comment: Update your motherboard and IDE drivers. Both of the DVD Burners are new - first time using the Pioneer and I haven't even tried the LiteOn yet.

I guess I need a better idea of what the error means and what to do to fix it.

Thanks!

cs.

go to the website of the motherboard you have and get the latest storage drivers for it

Is there another way to find out what type of motherboard I have without opening the case - again? In some type of documentation, possibly? In case it helps, it is a Dell Dimension E310. I've had to disconnect it, move it, open it, etc. so many times in the last two weeks - IF there is any other way???

Thanks.

cs.

Nero InfoTool in the tab 'Hardware' - should be able to tell you the installed motherboard model.

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-infotools.html

:)

Many thanks, Cynthia, for that excellent suggestion. I found what I was looking for and so much more information. Now if I can find the driver; the motherboard is a Dell; possibly made by Intel. Still working on it but you have given me an excellent start!

Thanks.

cs. :thumbsup:

If it's an Intel one you can visit the Intel website and download the chipset INF drivers and the Matrix controller drivers/software.

I believe the Matrix controller drivers will only install if your controller is in AHCI or RAID mode. If that's the case then the best thing to do is get it out of that mode (done via the BIOS screen) and put it into ATA / SATA / Standard / Legacy mode.

If it's an Intel one you can visit the Intel website and download the chipset INF drivers and the Matrix controller drivers/software.

I believe the Matrix controller drivers will only install if your controller is in AHCI or RAID mode. If that's the case then the best thing to do is get it out of that mode (done via the BIOS screen) and put it into ATA / SATA / Standard / Legacy mode.

Thanks for your suggestions; they are appreciated. My biggest problem, currently!, is that I need some clarification regarding the information I should be looking at on the Nero Info Tool report.

The motherboard is listed as a Dell Inc. 0JC474; ALERT: newbie question ahead! Do motherboards have drivers? I couldn't find one listed. Someone else suggested that you could be referring to the chipset and I installed the latest chipset driver from a link that was provided to me and I got a message that the file was already there and asked if I want to overwrite. In my limited experience, an update has some type of name/number change and this did not. I chose to overwrite anyway.

Would you please tell me exactly where to look on the Nero Info Tool report - what category - to get the information I need so I know exactly what driver needs to be updated?

Sorry so basic!

cs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.