Pioneer DVR-212 freezing

sesamoid

Hi,

Firstly fantastic piece of software. Been using it a while now.

My PC is self built with a gigbyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard and a pioneer DVR-212 running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP1, have noticed a problem using imgburn before but after a recent reinstall of operating system can now confirm I can reproduce it.

Essentially whenever I try and bun a SL or DL disc, DVD or Xbox 360 backup imgburn freezes, all starts out well then both the buffers run to zero after approx five minutes, the burn speed reads 0.0 and I'm unable to abort the burn, open my drive or quit imgburn through task manager, necessitating a restart from the power button on my PC and no details are saved to the log file.

Now this only occurs after an update to SP1, prior to this all worked well, and can confirm this is the case now I have recently reinstalled my OS.

My PC is using AHCI but I have no RAID configuration, have tried my bios set to AHCI, IDE but to no avail. Have tried the most recent firmware on my drive and also earlier versions.

Have also seen the problem on the forum before in this post but unsure now whether the original poster did indeed have a faulty drive or if there is a bug somewhere.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...&hl=DVR-212

If the problem is unsolvable, which it may well be? Then could you point me to a list of supported drives so I can purchase a new DVD drive.

Many thanks for all your hard work again.

PS forgot to add this happens with at least three different sorts of media, Samsung Pleomax DVD-R 8x and Verbatims DL, changing the burn speed has no effect either.

Edited by sesamoid

Have now tried in incremental mode after pressing F8 and this failed have attached the log file. Also tried in DAO mode after pressing F8 but the error happened exactly as it did before, but copied and pasted the log file as generated in the window as cannot close Imgburn itself. Hope this helps to shed some light on matters.

Log_File_Imgburn.txt

Update to the latest firmware 1.24 and try again. This should at least help with the Power Calibration error.

In the BIOS set it to IDE mode (AHCI should also work but it's only needed for hot-swapping SATA devices).

Hi have tried with the updated bios previously and has not made any difference. My bios is already set to IDE mode. Any other ideas? Thanks

If you're sure the correct controller is set to ATA in the BIOS, the BIOS itself is up-to-date, the firmware on the drive is up-to-date and you've uninstalled your controllers from within Device Manager and rebooted then there's no reason for it not to work.

ImgBurn just sticks to the MMC specs so basically any drive will work with it - they too stick to the MMC specs.

I had a 212 in my machine for a while and I have the same P35 chipset on my board with the ICH9R, I never experienced and 'hangs' with mine.

Have you tried it on a totally clean build? i.e. install the base OS, put the latest intel inf chipset drivers on (and NOTHING else) and then try ImgBurn.

Hi,

Well Thanks for all your replies, been scratching my head about this one for months, as the problem only ever occurs if I update vista to SP1, tried clean install, moving SATA ports, all manner of bios settings. Turns out that after updating to SP1 I had to update my ICH9R driver and intel inf driver and now all is well, thanks so much for everyones help, should have been able to figure it out for myself but it helped a lot to have some advice as to where to start and what could or could not be responsible.

Was on the verge of buying a new drive as well, so accept my paypal donation as thanks, should have donated earlier but better late than never.

:thumbup:

Edited by sesamoid

If the controller is set to ATA then the Matrix driver wouldn't even install - it's only required for AHCI and RAID modes.

Of course I'm not sure how things work if it was installed once upon a time when it was indeed set to one of those modes... perhaps you're allowed to update the driver if it's present on the machine even if it's not currently in use.

If the controller is set to ATA then the Matrix driver wouldn't even install - it's only required for AHCI and RAID modes.

Of course I'm not sure how things work if it was installed once upon a time when it was indeed set to one of those modes... perhaps you're allowed to update the driver if it's present on the machine even if it's not currently in use.

I am using AHCI, although have tried IDE. All working now though!

Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.