Invalid field in parameter list...I/O Error: Scsi Status 0 x 02

Shot2kl

well i would def backup the system and the convert to NTFS file system by typing cmd in run to open a command prompt window. then if your using c: as drive you want to convert type

convert c: /fs:ntfs and you will eliminate the fat 32 file size problems.

As ImgBurn says in the Log window, FAT32 does not support single file(s) larger than 4 GB, limitation which ImgBurn easily gets around when it needs. Also, you don't need to make an image before burning to disc: follow this guide for single layer discs or this guide for double layer discs and burn directly from the source files :)

The error you're getting (Write Error) means the drive could not burn the disc. Also the media you're using is rated 8x and is only well supported by newer normal-sized burners. It's possible that they're not supported by your burner, especially now that you've downgraded its firmware. Anyway, laptop burners are pretty weak and I'd recommend getting a normal-sized burner in an external enclosure and you won't regret.

I'm not sure which log is newer but please make sure ImgBurn is in its default settings, as that works best for most people. As for the crash, it could be caused by the CDRDRV and/or ASAPIW2K, or may not be related to them at all :P

Use EAC for extracting your audio tracks and remove pinnacle. Then remove those 2 filter drivers (ASAPIW2K, CDRDRV).

As mmalves said, your drive is getting on a bit now and probably doesn't like the MKM-003-00 discs too much, try getting the 2.4x Verbs instead with the MKM-001-00 dye - or just get yourself a new external drive that does support them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased a Liteon DX-20A4H external USB drive from Buy.com today. Should receive shipment in about 9 days. Will update later.

Have previously uninstalled all Pinnacle software (which had driver filters). This uninstall did not in itself fix my problem.

DECEMBER 6, 2008: Received a defective Liteon DX-20A4H drive and had to send it back to Buy.com for exchange. The defective unit would not balance, shook like a vibrator, rattled other items on my desk.

Downloaded and tried out EAC as recommended by admin. Works great, I love it.

Will update later.

Edited by Shot2kl

• 1 month later...

Received the replacement Liteon DX-20A4H06C external drive from www.Buy.com on 12/17/08.

Plugged it in, it was recognized by my computer and everything worked great! The first thing I did was flash the firmware with the current download fron www.liteonit.com as is suggested on the site so that the unit will recognize additional brands of media.

This unit did not support 2.4x write speed, but since the Verbatim media I had purchased long ago was DL 8x and my new drive supported 4x 6x and 8x write speeds using DL media, I set the ImgBurn write function for this external drive at 4x.

:lol: SUCCESS AT LAST!!! I have now burned my very first DL DVD! Of course it is only appropriate that I now donate to LIGHTNING UK, as a Thank You for providing the information that made this great feat possiable. I also wish to once again thank mmalves and techman for their input as well.

I've also purchased a Western Digital 320GB Passport Elite. My next project is to backup my C drive onto this external USB drive. I've downloaded SyncToy v2.0 rather than use the included software. I'm going to format the USB drive with NTFS, backup my C drive and then format my C drive in place with the NTFS format tool included in Windows XP Home. Wish me luck!

I will also attempt to properly add to the Drives section on this site :wacko: .

The ImgBurn log herewith follows:

I 21:39:57 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:39:57 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 21:39:57 Total Physical Memory: 2,080,112 KB - Available: 1,583,280 KB

W 21:39:57 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 21:39:57 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:39:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:39:57 Found 2 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.