Device buffer always 0%-02% and burn failed at 70% (LG IDE-USB)

vanylapep

Hello people,

I just bought a new LG drive and got some problems burning disc and would need your help.

My setup:

Machine: Acer Aspire One sub-notebook (or netbook).

Drive: IDE HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L (LG)

Rom Ver.: 1.04

Manufatured: 2007 12 24

I'm hooking this LG drive to my notebook via an IDE-to-USB adapter.

The problem

I setted the i/o buffer to 257mb and then started burning an .iso with a Verbatim DVD+R lightscribe at 4x.

Two things:

a) The device buffer was always switching between 0% and 2%.

B) When the burn reached 70%, the speed droppe to 0.0x then i got the "..thresold.. burn failed" (don't remember the exact msg) error msg.

Do you have an idea what the cause of this? I thought plugging via USB shouldn't be a problem..?

Thank you,

Van

Edited by vanylapep

I tried updating the firmware via USB, however, i get an error. I will post a screenshot later on.

It's weird tho. I have set I/O buffer to 50mb and was able to burn 4.5gb of data files into a DVD-R without problem. However, the device buffer always stayed at 0% - 2%.

I will try again the .ISO and will post logs if i encounter error again.

all these new "sub"notebooks have small processers and small amounts of RAM , where a normal size notebook will happily write at 4x-8x i would guess these new variants of notebook will struggle to sustain 4x .

Uisng a IDE to USB adaptor is going to be slower than a direct USB 2 connection anyway, possibly why the device buffer is always running so slow.

Without a log file its just a guessing game , if you go to Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

you will find all the logs from past burns, so dig one of those out and post it for us to check for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.