Burning DVD to Blu Ray

Tokyo Garry

Hi all,

I just purchased a Blu Ray burner and am looking to convert my DVD collection to Blu Ray to save on space, but I'm having a few problems.

I should mention that I'm pretty new to this kind of thing and not very technically minded.

I tried reading three dual layer discs to my hard drive with no problem, but how can I get these on to the disc? I tried putting the three Video_TS files at once, but the program said I couldn't have more than one. So I thought could burn one at a time but the disc automatically finalized after I burned the first one.

Like I said, I'm not very technically minded so have no idea how to do this. Is this possible with ImgBurn? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

Edited by Tokyo Garry

Hi and welcome to the forum, Tokyo Garry! :)

ImgBurn is a burning tool. I think you need a converting program to transfer them to be Blu-ray compliant.

If you simple want to add three DL discs to a Blu-ray disc, then create a structure like this:

Movie1

Movie2

Movie3

and put the separate movies into each sub folder. Then burned compilation will be a data disc and you will not be able to play it on a stand alone player only through a software player on your computer. Not sure that's your goal.

Cynthia, thank you for your help. You saved me a lot of time and discs experimenting. :) Yes, I would like to be able to watch the discs on a stand alone player.

Do you have any idea what program could do this and where I could download it (or buy if necesary). Sorry, I'm not sure where to start looking.

I still haven't seen any "cheap" program that takes several input DVDs and creates a working Blu-ray navigation and encoding to Blu-ray format. I guess the future will bring such programs. Another factor is the (still) high prices on Blu-ray media. Most new programs in this area seems to focus on bringing a Blu-ray movie to DVD DL media, as that is the "cheapest" way these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.