Stand alone DVD player don't see avi. file?

tomgebhardt

Hi all and thanks for a great program. ImageBurn rocks. I have one problem though. I am burning 3 avi.files to a DVD disc to have as backup for these three movies. The sizes are 700mb, 1.4gb and 2.0gb respectively. The burn completes successfully and when the disc remains in my PC (Vista) it shows all files and they all play without any problem. When I place the DVD in my stand alone DVD player, which is DivX compatible, it only shows 2 of the avi. files? The thrid one, which has the size of 2gb does not even show. It is like it was never on the disc. This is the only problem I have with your program and I have done backups of quite a few avi. files. Only one other time this happened and again 3 avi. files (700mb each)showed in the stand alone DVD player while the final file with the size of 2.1gb did not show. What do I have to do to make this work.

Looking forward to your help and again...otherwise a superb program.

Tom

It sounds like a problem with your standalone player recognizing the files since Vista sees them and plays them with no problems. Imgburn doesn't altar the files at all...it simply burns whatever you throw at it.

It sounds like a problem with your standalone player recognizing the files since Vista sees them and plays them with no problems. Imgburn doesn't altar the files at all...it simply burns whatever you throw at it.

OK, but why does it show and play the other 2 avi. files that are on the same disc.....fyi, i have burnt other DVD discs with more than 5 avi. files and have not encountered the same problem...could it be something regarding the size of that file?

hey my friend...when i burned in the subtitles I reduced the avi file to less than 2gb and guess what...It WORKED on the stand alone DVD player. You were right. I guess there is a limit for avi files that can be used and its set for 2GB...good to know...thanks a million....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.