unable to burn

Alice Ida

I have been unable to burn a DVD using an ISO. I do not understand the tech talk from other messages. I had good luck burning for a long time. When it wasn't working I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version this evening. I do not understand all the settings & options...have to keep it real simple for me. This time I thought it was going to burn, but it didn't finish. I will copy & paste the log. Thanks for any help you can give me. Also is there a way to add to a DVD that has something on it. I have tried so many that have failed, so thought I would just add to one of them.

Alice

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 30 November 2008, 23:41:48

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 23:40:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:40:54 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:40:54 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,060 KB - Available: 1,430,096 KB

W 23:40:54 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 23:40:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:40:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:40:54 Found 1 DVD

Your problem is that the media you are using is trash.

I 23:20:14 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: AML-003-00) (Speeds: 4x)

Try giving Taiyo Yuden ir Verbatim DataLifePlus (made in Singapore ) a try.

Once a DVD is finalized you cannot add additional data to it...sorry.

Why was my reply deleted?

W 23:40:54 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I believe this certainly can have an effect. My understanding is that all drives (except removeable flash drives) in Windows XP should be formatted in NTFS not FAT32.

CaptainVideo;

If you want to discuss FAT vs. NTFS, start your own thread in the CHAT section of the forum and I'm sure someone will indulge you to your hearts content.

I would suggest that, before you do, you have a look at the majority of the logs posted here, there and everywhere on the forum and you'll see how many are FAT and how little it matters to the way the program responds to either.

Like I said above, the discs are crap, buy some good ones.

Your problem is that the media you are using is trash.

I 23:20:14 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: AML-003-00) (Speeds: 4x)

Try giving Taiyo Yuden ir Verbatim DataLifePlus (made in Singapore ) a try.

Once a DVD is finalized you cannot add additional data to it...sorry.

I had used this media for a long time and now I am having problems, so I really do not feel it is the media.

I did not finalize the DVD.

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by Alice Ida

Tried to burn any more discs after the one that failed?

I just tried again and will include a log. I got an I/Q error with the last statement being : Illegal mode for this track. I haven't a clue that that means.

Cynthia, how interesting you are from Sweden. I am of Swedish descent and visited family in Sweden in 2005 and loved Sweden. I live in USA.

Thanks for your reply. Alice

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Tuesday, 02 December 2008, 21:46:09

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:27:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:27:47 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:27:47 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,060 KB - Available: 1,311,960 KB

W 21:27:47 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 21:27:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:27:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:27:47 Found 1 DVD

Might be that the writer is either dying or needs the laser head to be cleaned. If it even got problems with Verbatims - there is something not right with that burner.

Nice to hear that you liked Sweden. Welcome back! :)

I got an I/Q error with the last statement being : Illegal mode for this track

I/O errors are, generally, indicative of a media/firmware/drive not playing together well problem. I checked the HP site and you have the latest official firmware for the drive, you are trying Verb discs and Cynthia has advised you to try cleaning the drive laser with the proper cleaning disc...if all this fails then it's probably time to look at replacing the drive :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.