Cannot read from file D:Video_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB, Reason Incorrect Function

Toddy

I'm a first time user:

Have dvd-r that I created from VHS tape via a samsung VHS to DVD device. I need to make copies of these for my children and their grandparents. However when I do the Write to Device I keep getting the error "Cannot read from file D:Video_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB, Reason Incorrect Function". i'm I using the correct function ie Build/write to device?

Image information:

# files: 10

# folders: 2

Total file size: 4,587,847,680

file sectors: 2,240,160

image size: 4,588,437,504

image sectors: 2,240,448

min rq media: DVD+-R/RW

Free Space: 111,935,488

I'm using the latest version of imgburn - just downloaded and installed today, SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed a similar post but it was talking about using DVD43 ??? do I need that to copy home made DVDs in conjunction with imgburn???

Hi and welcome to the forum, Toddy! :)

Home made stuff is not copy protected, so no need to use that program.

Not any other program running that is still open that 'holds' your files on the D: device?

The drive 'D:' - is that your source DVD disc or your hard disk?

Thanks... when I go to make an image file as directed about 3% of the way into the process it gives me an I/O error with the intrepretation of "Illegal mode for this track".

Update: I contacted Samsung re this VHS to DVD process with their device. I used their "shortcut" one button copy function. They inddicated when doing it this way that it creas a Protected dvd ie copywrite protected! Arrrrgh I have 23 DVDs each with 4+ gig of video that it looks like I'll have to redo.... it took me weeks to copy all of my old VHS...... They suggest I redo them all win their V mode.....

Hi and welcome to the forum, Toddy! :)

Home made stuff is not copy protected, so no need to use that program.

Not any other program running that is still open that 'holds' your files on the D: device?

The drive 'D:' - is that your source DVD disc or your hard disk?

Cynthia, Thanks, but I contacted Samsung support and they indicated that the way in which I copied my VHS to DVD crreeated a copy protected outpuT DVD... they recoomend I go back and redo the VHS to DVD in their V mode.... 23 DVDs later!

So thanks but I'll try to experment with their recomemdation before I redo all DVDs...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.