27 Write Retries

leboef

Hi, i just got my new LG GH22LS30 Burner. I burned my first disk with it (a Verbatim DVD+R DL), and i could at least finish the job. The Problem is: While burning, the process stopped for 27 times! The write rate dropped to zero, then the device buffer dropped too, and then, after 10 seconds or so the burning continued again. but only until the next stop.

This can't be normal. My older PATA-Burner worked fine. Never had such a problem. Can anyone see a solution for this?

I 16:36:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:36:47 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:36:47 Total Physical Memory: 2.096.620 KB - Available: 1.694.872 KB

W 16:36:47 Drive N:\ (FAT) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 16:36:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:36:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:36:47 Found 1 DVD

Edited by leboef

its a Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3. I'm not sure about the JMicron controllers, but since its a nvidia nforce 550 chipset, i guess no.

My OS is Win Xp SP3 with all latest updates. I do not use the nvidia-IDE-drivers. i unplugged all remaining PATA-drives and now got only this new burner and 2 WD HDD's on SATA.

omg, im such an idiot! >_<

i found out that i've been using more then 3 year old nvidia-drivers all the time! i can't believe i have never ever noticed! Well, they never caused any problems - until now...

Nevertheless, sorry for wasting your time. It seems that updating to new drivers pretty solved it all.

• 1 month later...

I have the same burner with nvidia nforce SATA driver and experienced the same error, had to trash a handful of DVDs after trying many things before. Sometimes even the test mode was ok but the real burn failed again :( .

Thanks to this thread I could resolve the problem - it was the old nvidia driver which I replaced with the latest from the nvidia homepage. My motherboard is from MSI but their update service unfortunately did not include the newest IDE drivers.

Now I can listen to the success sound again :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.