Command Prompt Usage

akwe-xavante

Operating System: WinVista Premium SP1

MS Dos Command Batch Files.

I haven't downloaded ImgBurn as yet, before i do i want to find out if it is possible to use this program from within a batch file to burn data and files of all types to a DVD-R disc.

I have a disabled (physically and mentally) friend who uses a WinVista Laptop for creating Art using a variety different programs profusely. Family have asked me to create a simple way of auto backing up all his work on a regular basis.

The Laptop has one hard drive split into two partitions C: & D: the DVD Optical drive is Drive E:

Creating a batch file to xcopy all new and changed files and directories to D: into a dated directory is not a problem and into a single updated directory on a USB Memory Stick is not a problem either on a daily basis on system shutdown.

What i would like to do is allso burn this data onto a DVD-R disc once a month as part of the same script, doing a date routine is not a problem to begin the process but my question is:

Can i use ImgBurn from a batch file to burn all data stored on Drive D: to a DVD-R disc in Drive E: and if possible on system shutdown and if necessary using wait.exe to postpone WinVista's shutting down process until disc is complete and ejected from the drive bay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.