Sony BWU-300S support

Bob Jones

Yes, it is supported by ImgBurn. As for the booktype stuff, you'll have to try it to find out. I guess that drive automatically booktypes DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM, and for DVD+R media you should try the NEC tab of the Book Type dialog and see if it works ;)

Yes, it is supported by ImgBurn. As for the booktype stuff, you'll have to try it to find out. I guess that drive automatically booktypes DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM, and for DVD+R media you should try the NEC tab of the Book Type dialog and see if it works ;)

Nope on both, DVD+R DL doesn't change and using the NEC tab produces an error code -

UNKNOWN (FAILED!), Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code

Does that mean the drive doesn't support it at all or just that the NEC commands don't work on it and it needs different ones?

anything I can provide to help get it supported?

With ImgBurn in Write mode and a burned DVD+R DL disc inserted in the drive, please copy all the text shown in the Information area.

had to get something to burn - I just burned this one on the Sony drive and it looks like you were right, it did change it to DVD-ROM at the bottom. Now if I could just get the non-double layer +R's working.

SONY BDRW BWU-300S 1.0a (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,964,576

Size: 8,119,451,648 bytes

Time: 881:03:01 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD

• 2 weeks later...

tried the support group 3 times, the answers were more or less useless - basically "that the included Cyberlink software should work just fine" and that there's no newer firmware beta or otherwise than the 1.0a that it shipped with.

No confirmation or denial of the drives hardware ability to bitset much less how it could be enabled in a 3rd party program

thanks for the help, hopefully someone will dissect this thing soon enough and get it on par with the LG support - BJ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.