Already burned DVD now needs converting so it will play

Paga

I have been making back ups of my DVDS and used to be able to play them in an older VCR/DVD player. Now the DVD player has stopped working and the DVD backups won't play in the new DVD players or the PS2. (Althought the DVD player says it plays DVD+/-R) Originally I used Shrink and Deep Burner for this. But Anyway, I now have IMGBurn and I'm trying to convert the already burned DVDs to an ISO? file (I don't even know if that's what I'm supposed to do) but I was able to burn a movie that I still had the Video and audioTS folder on my computer and it played in the PS2. I felt like I accomplished something. However, when I tried to copy another burned dvd by using the "read" and then "write"feature in imgburn, it would not play in the PS2. I used the "create image file form disc" feature thinking that would convert the burned movie on the dvd to an image file that I could then burn to antoher disc that would work in the ps2 or other player. I'm sure I have totally confused you so now do you think I can be helped? :innocent: I would post the log but this does not seem to be a log posting kind of question. I think I just need to know if I can even re-copy my burned discs through imgburn so that they will play in the dvd player.....yeah, that's what I want to know. much simpler question :wacko:

If the discs you've already burnt have an audio_ts and video_ts folder on them, they're already in DVD Video format and should work just fine in your new player.

So basically, what files / folders are on the ones that you say don't work?

Well, when I burned them, I added both the audio_ts and video_ts folders (I did that using deep burner where you add folders to the cd root) So, "both" is the answer but they won't play in certain players. Why do you think they won't play in the PS2 but the DVD I burned using img burn does work? I thought maybe it's because i used the imgburn (now I'm not even sure which option I picked, create image file from files and folders or write image file to disc???)and burned it while I still have the files still on my computer (the "decrypted?" files?) So in other words, I put the "original" movie in my computer, ran DVDFab5 and the files were then on my computer, then I went to IMGburn and created an image to disc (or one of the options?? sorry not sure which one) That worked. If I put the "burned" movie in my computer and try to use the "create image from disc" it doesn't work. Any ideas for me?

If I put the "burned" movie in my computer and try to use the "create image from disc" it doesn't work

Please elaborate.

What doesn't work?

The program can't make an image from the disc? You get an error?

The image and subsequent burnt disc doesn't play?

Just put one of your non working discs in the drive, copy the files off to your hard drive using explorer and then use Build mode to make a new disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.