Burning DVD-Video files...

DjBR

Hello.

I was taking a look at the guides about how to burn DVD-Video with ImgBurn but something occurred to me...

In one guide, it is said to set the source folder as C:\FILM\VIDEO_TS

In another guide, it is said to set the source folder as C:\FILM

Being that the VIDEO_TS folder is *inside* the source folder, I could believe that either ImgBurn creates another VIDEO_TS folder and reads the files off from the sourced directory VIDEO_TS, or it does not create the VIDEO_TS folder - in that case the second guide would be the only right one.

So what is up with it?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643

specifies that the source must be C:\MOVIE\VIDEO_TS

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

specifies that the source must be C:\MOVIE (the standard way)

I can only assume then that ImgBurn is only interested in the ROOT files of the VIDEO_TS directory, and therefore will create automatically the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders????

the guides were made to help people that are not used to making dvd compliant files.

the guide by Lightning was written after the one i wrote and was more detailed to help those that had not made dual layer dvd's .

either way will work, even if you dont have a video_ts folder it will be made for you but the pop up window can be confusing to newcomers to dual layer burning

The thing is that, the actual source of a DVD movie is by standard the Root directory of the movie, and not the VIDEO_TS folder. VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS should be inside the root movie folder. Also, is better that AUDIO_TS is created because not having it means that it is not fully DVD-V compliant. The layer break part is quite clear though. I am sorry but I don't think you got the general idea of my question.

Edited by DjBR

using either guide you will get a compliant dvd video as imgburn will make the audio_ts and video_ts folder for you, check in explorer after the burn.

if you start with the files in the root folder and don't have video/audio_ts folders, you will be prompted with a pop up window asking you if you want to make a dvd video disc, this is the pop up window i was referring to in the last post, the folders will then be made for you, but the guide is explaining good practice - to make a root folder then a video_ts folder and have the files in that folder, then you dont get the pop up and there is less confusion, the audio ts folder is made if you are making dvd video

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.