Dual layer to harddrive ... then back again.

Raistlin_HT

I'm trying to find the correct way to copy a dual-layer disc to my server (I'm hoping as an ISO) for streaming purposes, but have it maintain the correct layer break info so I can easily burn the image back to a dual layered disc if need be. Is this possible?

I basically want to maintain an exact copy of the DVD on my server, with the option to burn it later.

I noticed in this guide (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777), it shows selecting a layer break point. Does it know where the correct one is?

Edited by Raistlin_HT

Actually, I have another question.

Is there a way to guarantee you get the same layer break as the actual DVD?

For example, I just ripped a DVD to VIDEO_TS, and am now trying to create an ISO. The 'Create Layer Break Position' list has 3, all with 'average' ranking. Is there some other way I should be doing this to get the correct layer break?

Is there a way to guarantee you get the same layer break as the actual DVD?

yes, make an iso by using read mode, but that's probably not possible if the disc has protection of any kind

For example, I just ripped a DVD to VIDEO_TS, and am now trying to create an ISO. The 'Create Layer Break Position' list has 3, all with 'average' ranking. Is there some other way I should be doing this to get the correct layer break?

have you got a screenshot of your choices?

Thanks.

Reading directly from the disc seems to be better. I haven't verified the rips completely (my iStar HD hasn't shown up yet), but I would assume everything is holding up correctly as far as the layer break.

FYI - I did a screen grab of the issues I was seeing. This is when trying to create an ISO from the VIDEO_TS folder of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

15p2xp5.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.