No Reference Position Found Verbatim DL DVD 2.4x

gumbyscout

About a month ago, I posted a topic about Verbatim 8x dual layer dvd's not being read by my drive. So after waiting a while with no solution, I went and ordered 2.4x DL Dvd's that worked before. Today I got them and and they aren't working either :/. Both the 2.4x and 8x SHOULD work in my drive a Lite-on LH-20A1H LL0D. Both discs came with the same packaging, and have the same color underside (a purplish-pink color), and are pretty much identical to the ones I've had before. Originally the firmware on my drive was HP, and that is what it was when I last burned 2.4x dl dvd's, should I change it back?

Edit: Switched back to HP firmware, same problem, so I'll re-switch back to the lite-on firmware.

Edited by gumbyscout

RMA the drive.

RMA? What does that mean?

Edit: You probably mean replace the drive right? I've had this drive for about a year, and I'm not sure if I still have the box for it. Can I still send it in for a replacement?

Edited by gumbyscout

It doesn't matter about the box but obviously it's need to be inside the warranty period - I don't know what that is off the top of my head.

Yes but it'll probably cost you 50% of a new drive to send it to them so you might as well just buy a new one and save yourself the effort.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.