Invalid address query

Toni

Hi just got a new laptop and trying to burn a game on it and its failed about quarter of the way through.This is the first time ive tried burning a game through my laptop. Ive used the same discs as ive used on my desk top pc so i know its not them would appreciate it if someone could let me know whats gone wrong. Thanks in advance.

I 14:27:03 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:27:03 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 14:27:03 Total Physical Memory: 2,026,768 KB - Available: 1,074,328 KB

I 14:27:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:27:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:27:03 Found 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, Toni! :)

I 14:29:16 Write Speed: 1x
I 14:29:16 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x)

The available speeds are 2.4x, 4x, 6x. The ones supported by the writer). For the 1x I guess it uses a generic write approach. Might try one of those speeds.

Tried to find an updated firmware for that writer (A Dell?) but no luck.

You might get better luck with Verbatim 2.4x rated discs (Made in Singapore) as the ones you use can be tricky in older writers.

Focus Servo Error might indicate a faulty writer, but I guess you doesn't have any issues burning other branded discs?

Hi and welcome to the forum, Toni! :)

I 14:29:16 Write Speed: 1x
I 14:29:16 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x)

The available speeds are 2.4x, 4x, 6x. The ones supported by the writer). For the 1x I guess it uses a generic write approach. Might try one of those speeds.

Tried to find an updated firmware for that writer (A Dell?) but no luck.

You might get better luck with Verbatim 2.4x rated discs (Made in Singapore) as the ones you use can be tricky in older writers.

Focus Servo Error might indicate a faulty writer, but I guess you doesn't have any issues burning other branded discs?

Thanks alot for reply, will try again at diff speed. The laptop is an Acer, not Dell and was brand new at Xmas so it better not be a faulty writer lol. I have heard that Vebatim were the best but my husband has always used Aone discs on his tower which have always worked so if no luck with the speed change then will try the Verbatims. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Laptop burners are picky about the media they can burn, so Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) Made in Singapore will probably work best with your burner.

Just tried to burn again at 2.4X but although it went further it failed again. Does this new log tell you anything or do I need to try Verbatims? Thanks again

I 15:42:53 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:42:53 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:42:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,026,768 KB - Available: 1,070,948 KB

I 15:42:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:42:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:43:03 Found 1 DVD

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem, used the verbs in my laptop and they worked. Used my friends laptop and was able to write to two other brands that didnt work in my laptop. I've been using verbs for everything, you might as well pay the extra for the quaility. If your burning a game then i'm sure you can spend the extra. I would buy them online its alot cheaper than the shops. If your in the uk try ukdvdr.co.uk, they have very good value.

Edited by p1ayerwun

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.