Question about borning error

kca741979

Hello all, glad to have found a good tool for burning.

Wanted to post my log from my first burn. I had been having issues with other programs, so I wanted to use IB to get a log of what was going wrong.

I 23:30:44 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:30:44 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:30:44 Total Physical Memory: 523,808 KB - Available: 207,404 KB

I 23:30:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:30:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:30:44 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Edited by kca741979

The external HD uses USB interface? Are you sure your computer has USB 2.0 ports? The speeds you're getting are typical of USB 1.1 interface.

By the way...

I 23:45:53 Destination Device: [1:1:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P54 (E:) (ATA)

There's firmware 9P59 for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it's finished.

The external HD uses USB interface? Are you sure your computer has USB 2.0 ports? The speeds you're getting are typical of USB 1.1 interface.

By the way...

I 23:45:53 Destination Device: [1:1:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P54 (E:) (ATA)

There's firmware 9P59 for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it's finished.

No, it is plugged into a 1.1 USB port unfortunately -- I have known that all along, but was able to burn fine until recently.

I started to defrag the external and it told me this......

Volume fragmentation

Total fragmentation = 48 %

File fragmentation = 94 %

Free space fragmentation = 3 %

I assume that is not good?

Yes, that's not very good, but the real limitation is the USB 1.1 bandwidth, which isn't enough even for a 1x DVD burn. Have you thought about buying an USB 2.0 PCI card? They're pretty cheap and you'll be able to burn much faster with one of those.

Yes, that's not very good, but the real limitation is the USB 1.1 bandwidth, which isn't enough even for a 1x DVD burn. Have you thought about buying an USB 2.0 PCI card? They're pretty cheap and you'll be able to burn much faster with one of those.

I just recently bought one, but I think my motherboard may not be 2.0 compatible (I am at my parents who are using a desktop built in 2002 lol)

I may just wait and burn with my new notebook computer I am getting this weekend, but wanted to at least solve this issue.

It sounds like the defrag, which is need, might help some, but not completely.

funny funny.......

BTW I went ahead and got a new PCI card and defragged the drive and the errors are gone, but HD Tune still only has the transfer rate at about 20 MB/sec -- it should be at like 60 or 70.

Not a big deal -- I just did a 4.6 GB data disc in 8 minutes @ 16x.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.