Problem with ImgBurn + Icarus

Lord Retsudo

OK, a bit of a complex one, this... I'm a newbie here, and am posting in the hope that someone here might have some idea what I'm talking about!

I use ImgBurn and Icarus (DVD patcher) to add subtitles to DVD ISO files. I've done this many times without a problem, but am currently completely stumped. I have a DVD ISO file, which is 7.70GB in size. I've mounted this, and added subtitles to it, and am now trying to make a new ISO file, which I will then use to patch the original one via Icarus.

If I don't do anything to the DVD's structure, ImgBurn gives me several options for the layer break, none of which are the right one (going off the MDS file of the original DVD). However, if I choose one of these (or just ignore layer break options) , I get an ISO file 97% of the maximum DVD9 size.

If I alter the DVD structure using PGC Edit, so that it is exactly the same as the original DVD, I get the correct layer break option in ImgBurn, but it has a lot of padding (see picture below). This then gives me an ISO file 100% of the maximum DVD9 size.

a060ov5.jpg

Neither of these ISO files will work when it comes to Icarus, either giving me errors ('********** has no source copies') or just making a patch that is the same size as the DVD.

I hope I've managed to explain the problem reasonably clearly - does anyone have any suggestions?! I'd be very grateful as it's really doing my head in. I think that the problem lies in the creation of the new ISO with ImgBurn, but I can't understand why I'm having this problem now, when it's always worked fine in the past...

Edited by Lord Retsudo

That top one looks very much like it would have been the designated LB cell on the original.

You can't just go by the LBA as that's always subject to change depending on padding used within the file system - even originals use padding sometimes.

You can use ImgBurn to show you the pgc, cell etc of the source disc. Just look in the Tools -> Drive menu.

Or use Tools -> ISO... on the source image file (if you made one)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.