Do I have to verify?

alec

I burned my first dvd today and was wondering if I need to go through the verify process. I am doing another one right now and its going through the verify process but the first one didn't. I put the first one in my dvd player in the other room and it went to the main title screen just fine, haven't tried watching it.

Well I just got through 97% of the verify on my second dvd and I got a I/O Error. I'll type it out

I/O Error!

Device: [4:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A 101 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus:0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 21 EE 90 00 00 01 00

Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 2223760

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 21 EE 90 10 00 00 00 0C 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

I click try again and continue and it still came up. Looks similar to the first error message I got also.

Edited by alec

Hi and welcome to the forum, alec! :)

With those issues (that the disc can't be read due to errors during the burning stage), yes verify should be done. It looks as you either are burning to fast or the brand of discs (media code) is not fully supported by the writer. Might also be that you are using low quality discs.

Try to update the firmware (the code that instructs the writer how to burn) to the latest version A105. The one you have now is version A101.

http://se.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp (Click on device drivers and then select DVD-ROM (writer) in the product field and put in your model number in the search field - GSA-4163B.

If you update:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

I do think that if you play the disc at the end you will see pix elations/freezing/jumping.

Wow, thank you for the info. I went onto LG's site and it says

"This upgrade is NOT designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive."

Do you think I should just go ahead and do it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.