ISO is twice the size of the VIDEO_TS folder

Bushy

ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0

I am creating a ISO Disc Image. My Video_TS folder is 4.50 GB (4,837,322,752 bytes)

I select the Video_TS folder and regardless of the options chosen I always end up with a 8 gig ISO requiring a DL DVD.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's the log file:

I 07:02:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 07:02:34 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 07:02:34 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,772 KB - Available: 2,044,560 KB

W 07:02:34 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 07:02:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:02:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:02:35 Found 2 DVD

Your files are too large for a single layer disc and so require a DL anyway.

The size grows so much because you're applying a LOT of padding in order to use your chosen layer break position.

I 07:07:02 Using Layer Break LBA: 323304 -> 2038976 (VTS_01, PGC: 1, Chapter: 5, Cell: 5, Vob/Cell ID: 1/5, Time: 00:11:35, SPLIP: Yes -> No)

Your files are too large for a single layer disc and so require a DL anyway.

The size grows so much because you're applying a LOT of padding in order to use your chosen layer break position.

I 07:07:02 Using Layer Break LBA: 323304 -> 2038976 (VTS_01, PGC: 1, Chapter: 5, Cell: 5, Vob/Cell ID: 1/5, Time: 00:11:35, SPLIP: Yes -> No)

I didn't realize that I choose a specific layer break and frankly don't know what a "Layer Break" means and its consideration in building a ISO intended to ultimately. Is there a FAQ about Layer Breaks?

When you go to make the ISO or Write a DL disc the program will bring up a screen showing you all the potential positions for a layer break.

For this project it's a waste of time burning it to a DL disc, just shrink it by a fraction and it'll go on a single layer disc.

You can google for how to do that... think of google as a giant FAQ ;)

I choose a different Layer Break and ALMOST got the file size done to the single layer limit. So now I'm using DVD shrink to get it where it needs to be. I'll try Googling "Layer Breaks" to get a handle on its significance.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.