Wont start burning

jesperkb

Hi there

Im new to ImgBurn (used alcohol 120% before, but it got to buggy). I just started to burn my first img (see below).

The burning process wont start, can it be true that has to "Writing LeadIn" for more than 11 min. ??

Aborted the burn, and the prg. is still running and its now 20:19, the prg. responds, but it just says i "I heard u the first time"

What to do, what to do....

thanks in advance

I 19:39:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:39:59 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:39:59 Total Physical Memory: 1.832.312 KB - Available: 967.420 KB

I 19:39:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:39:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:39:59 Found 1 DVD

I/O on your machine has got stuck, all you can do is pull the plug.

As your drive is only an 8x burner, I would suggest you stick to 8x speed discs.

A firmware update might fix the issue you're having at burning those 16x speeds discs at 4x, but then maybe 8x would work just fine without the need for an update.

Check with whoever made your laptop to see if any updates are available for the drive.

First of all (and im very impressed) thanks for the fastest answer ever :)

Ive searched for updates, and i found none. But i now i tried to do it with 2x speed....and so far so good. Ill let u know how it worked out when its finished.

Thx again

Im having the same problems...

Aside from wasting some about 10 dvd's it also makes my system unstable. The dvd wont eject, unless i hard boot. Appart from not starting to write the software sometimes warns me that it does not have sole access to the dvd...

I've tried writing on 1x, 2x, 2.4x, 4x, 6x and 8x. but all i get is this:

I 16:41:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:41:41 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:41:41 Total Physical Memory: 3.141.660 KB - Available: 2.193.468 KB

I 16:41:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:41:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:41:41 Found 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, freekie! :)

By wrong in I/O-apparaat donot can carry out the task.

It's a SATA writer, so I would suspect the connection/chip set drivers. It's a laptop you are using? Latest chip set drivers installed?

Also that media brand can have a various quality lewel. Have you tried with another brand?

Hiya Cynthia,

Yep, using a laptop, got the latest firmware and tried different media. Strangest thing is that not every iso has the same effect....

I can burn one iso with zero delay... and then the next iso won't start for over an hour... sometimes even 2,5 hours... It sometimes gives me a warning saying imgburn can't gain exclusive acces to the drive, and then the next has no probs... Wasted another few dvd's...

My whole system also gets a little... well more then a little... unstable.

So what could be the problem?

Thnx,

Freekie

Make sure you have the latest drivers available for your chipset (you can probably find this at the manufacturer's website). Also please post your Filter Driver Load Order (look in ImgBurn's Tools menu).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.