Invalid Address For Write

entheta

After I downloaded ImgBurn I started burning some Lumatron DVD+RW. I then bought Fujifilm DVD+R and successfully burned four or five of them, but today I've been getting errrors on at least four discs and projects. Here's a log for my last two projects:

I 23:37:36 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:37:36 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 23:37:36 Total Physical Memory: 3

Hi and welcome to the forum, entheta! :)

(Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 4x; 8x)

Those discs can be of various quality. Have you tried to burn at 4x speed?

I also tried to find a later firmware for that writer, but I couldn't find any.

The 'Auto' is if you have set up the write speed combinations (writer/discs) in the function you can find here: Main Menu -> Tools -> Automatic Write Speed

If it has not been set up - it will go for max speed and in your case - 8x.

Test mode only works on -R media.

I set the speed at 4x and it worked a couple of times but now it failed again. Seems to be completely random. May be just coincidence that it worked after I changed the settings. Here's the latest log. Like several times before it failed at 99%.

I 19:21:02 Operation Started!

I 19:21:02 Building Image Tree...

I 19:21:40 Checking Directory Depth...

I 19:21:40 Calculating Totals...

I 19:21:40 Preparing Image...

I 19:21:40 Checking Path Length...

I 19:21:40 Contents: 5 Files, 0 Folders

I 19:21:40 Size: 4

Edited by entheta

Try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks. You might also want to try a lens cleaning disc on that drive.

I guess I'll have to try those Verbatim discs. never heard of the others...

i've only had the computer for a few months, would it need a cleansing disc already?

Meybe I should consider buying a DVD player with USB or even some media player. might be cheaper in the long run than buying discs that fail to burn the movies.

I bought Verbatim DVD-R and the first try failed, but now I got another error, "Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format"

I 13:18:43 Operation Started!

I 13:18:43 Building Image Tree...

I 13:18:48 Checking Directory Depth...

I 13:18:48 Calculating Totals...

I 13:18:48 Preparing Image...

I 13:18:49 Checking Path Length...

I 13:18:49 Contents: 5 Files, 0 Folders

I 13:18:49 Size: 4

I called the support from where I bought the computer and they asked if I had previously installed any other DVD burning software. So I told them I had installed Nero then uninstalled it and he said that could be the problem and said I should reinstall the system to get rid of it. That means I would have to do lots of backups and then reinstall half of all the programs on the computer. Is all that hassle really necessary? Isn't there any simpler way?

Yes, ignore what the shop said.

Nero have a clean tool if you really want to get rid of everything.

Your laptop seems to be an Asus one, you should check with them to see if there are any firmware updates for your drive. You'll need to provide them with your laptop model and also the drive mode (+ current firmware version)

For the drive stuff, just tell them this 'HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40L KR03'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.