Help rquired with 'Formatting' Blank DVD-RWs

gollywood

I have a Toshiba RD-XV45 DVD recorder (connected to my TV) with built in VCR & 160GB HDD

I'm trying to save stuff off my HDD to blank DVDs as HDD is getting full

Everytime I insert a Blank DVD - its says 'Error - Please format DVD'...whatever type of blank DVd I insert

My DVD recorder wont do it if I go to the 'Format' option and neither will it do it automatically - is there a way to do via my laptop/PC using some software?

I have 100GB worth of stuff I want to transfer - bought

Just exactly what type of discs did you get?

Are they really DVD-RW or are they DVD+RW?

If your player can't work with the media you've purchased than you'll have to buy some others. Maybe there's a list on the Toshiba website somewhere that says which discs it does support - I go with Verbatim if I were you.

In PC land, only DVD+RW need to be 'formatted' before they can be used... and I suspect that type of 'format' isn't the one your standalone player is talking about. As such, ImgBurn isn't going to help you make your current discs work.

Of course if you went with write once media (DVD-R / DVD+R) you probably wouldn't have to 'format' the disc at all.

Thanks fo the response

None of the DVD-R's that Ive tried could burn - error messages would occur after few mins

I then tried a Maxell DVD-RW, which worked - so purchased 50 of them.

Now they are throwing up the 'not formatted' erros.

The player doesnt accept DVD+R / DVD+RW

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.