Newbie to Imgburn - understanding layer break choices

Tiddlypush

I have an old multi-region dvd player and a new blue ray region 2 player. I'm using DVDFab and Imgburn to copy my own Region 1 "Centennial" discs so that I can play them on the blue ray player.

Writing the folder to disc Imgburn gives me two 'average' options for a layer break point. These are:

LBA

The previewer displays 2 cells.

Based on your selection in the LB window, Cell 1 is the one BEFORE the LB and Cell 2 is the one AFTER the LB.

So basically, as the previewer goes from Cell 1 to Cell 2, that's where the player would be switching layers and potentially pausing the action for a split second.

It's not uncommon for discs to have multiple PGC's within a VTS set which actually play (some of) the same cells. That's all you're seeing here.

Notice the LBA (before the '->') for both entries is the same... that means the split point would be the same no matter which one you selected.

If you want to see more options you'll have to insert some more Cells. You can refer to the 'end of the world' guide in the Guide forum to find out how to do that.

OK another question.

Using VOBBlanker I can see more ProGram Chains (just so you know I know what PGC means, although I don't know much more!) than in Imgburn, including ideal ones where the PGC start point would be the ideal place to follow a layer break. Why is this? And can I use VOBBlanker in any way to make these PGCs appear in Imgburn? It seems I don't need to split a cell with these DVDs (which I failed to do first attempt btw), but only make all the existing PGCs visible in Imgburn.

The cells have to land within a certain region (LBA wise) for it to be physically possible to use them as layer break cells. You can't just pick a cell because it looks good :)

It's probably best if you just work the the main pgc (longest duration?) and insert some additional cells next to the one that was already visible in ImgBurn.

If you need any more info about using VobBlanker for this task you'll have to wait for someone else to help you because it's not something I've ever done before. You might also like to seek help at the Doom9 forums as I believe that's where most of the users (and the author) are to be found.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.