Unable to finalize disk

JusR23

I've just run imgburn to burn a xbox iso it wrote fine at 2.6x but when it came to finalize the disk (I'm sorry I don't have the error log but my laptop had to be shutdown as I could not abort the burn it hung for over an hour) it stuck at the 2nd attempt to finalise and my drive started to make a funny noise (my drive is a Sony DW-G520A GFS3 ATA) and now it won't read a thing.

I'm thinking my drive is now dead.

I'm not blaming the program but would cheap media do it? (I used Aone plus+ 8x DL)

I'm gonna get a Pioneer 116DBK on the way is that a more reliable drive

Edited by JusR23

Hi and welcome to the forum, JusR23! :)

Not the best media but there are some writers that like it. The best media that should work in most writers is the Verbatim 2.4x made in Singapore.

If the mediacode on those Aone discs is RICOHJPND01 - they generally doesn't burn very well on a Sony Writer.

Good writers for that media are Optiarc, Pioneers and Samsung.

This is a scan from a disc that was burned with a Samsung SH-S223Q at 8x.

Aone_RICOHJPN_D01_SH-S223Q_SB00@8x_13-August-2008_14_13.jpg

Source.

Thanks for the reply Cynthia I've ordered the Pioneer (2.0 usb).

Yes the code was RICOHJPND01.

I'm still wondering if my drive has died as it tries to read but gives up after 5 seconds.

Edited by JusR23

Check the cables and if you have another computer to mount it in - try that. Uninstalling it in Windows device manager and then restart the computer could be another thing to do.

Edit: Curious. What model of Pioneer did you order?

Aha. :)

I've ordered some Aone myself just to see how well they perform. It's half the price compared to Verbatims.

I've just spoken to my friend who uses Aone with a Pioneer 116D and he hasn't had a bad burn yet (over 80 gig burnt) I didn't even know he used a 116D

p.s. My laptop drive is dead It was on its last legs as I do alot of burning for friends and family I think the first DL dvd it did tipped it over the edge lol

Edited by JusR23

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.