Playing Burned DVD+R DL's on Stand Alone DVD Player

kochrk

Just a few questions and comments on playing DVD+R DL DVD's on a DVD Player hooked up to your TV.

1. Why do some fail to even bring up the menu, others may take a while to bring up the menu and still others will die part way thru playing? Of course a bunch do work that is what makes it frustrating.

2. Does setting the Book Type in DVD Decrypter have any bearing on the outcome or is it the burning software that controls that? I've had some DL's that failed to play say 'unknown' on the Book Type and then I used DVD Decrypter again and set the Book Type to DVD-ROM and re-burned and it was ok. But then again that wasn't always the case and I had some that didn't play on a stand-alone and have a DVD-ROM Book Type.

3. Is there an easy answer to this and I can throw #1 and #2 out and start fresh with the knowledge to do it right and understand what I am doing? I've had multiple DVD Players for the TV, DVD-RW's and different Media over the years and it is still an unknown whether my newly burned DL with play on my TV. Now, regular DVD+R's almost always play anywhere no problems.

I also suspect that when the DVD's stop midway or toward the end it has something to do with the transition between layers.

Thanks for any help or continued discussion.

Edited by kochrk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.