Burning files while keeping their full names

xplayerr

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to burn files using imgburn while keeping the files' names, last time I burned something with it, it renamed half of the files names and replaced them with ~.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Edited by xplayerr

Keep the log window open and look in it!

ImgBurn tells you about such problems, it's up to you to act on them.

It's probably just a case of selecting the appropriate file system. If you have MEGA long file names you'll need to break the specs and change some of the 'Restrictions' to allow the use of longer names.

On what kind of device are you seeing the shorter names? A PC? A standalone player? Something else?

Keep the log window open and look in it!

ImgBurn tells you about such problems, it's up to you to act on them.

It's probably just a case of selecting the appropriate file system. If you have MEGA long file names you'll need to break the specs and change some of the 'Restrictions' to allow the use of longer names.

On what kind of device are you seeing the shorter names? A PC? A standalone player? Something else?

On pc, but it's like that on the disc, let's say I burn a folder full of Videos, and the name of the videos are something like Video Winter 2009, it might cut the name and put it like this VideoWi~.

To make it that short you'd have to be just using ISO9660 or something - but that doesn't use the '~' character so I'm a little confused?!

Joliet and UDF allow for a minimum of 64 characters.

Burn the same files again (or make an image to save a disc) and this time look in the log window and copy + paste everything you see into your next reply.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.